lunedì, gennaio 29, 2007

first interview

Ok. It wasn't bad, actually. When asked what I'm doing at the moment, I couldn't force myself not to mention that I'm waiting for a call from the airport... surely it makes a better impression if I am unemployed, but have already been offered a job?
Anyway, at the beginning I thought the lady from Human Resources did not appreciate the honesty. I mean, there I was "auditioning" for a job 5 to 9 pm and then I mentioned that I'm waiting to hear for a job from 9 pm to 3 am. I explained to her that there is nothing certain, and that I was willing to start on the evening shift and maybe change to the morning one, once I also started at the airport. But apparently this is not possible, as once you start on a project, you're stuck with it for 10-12 months.
Well, I was already seeing myself going around job agencies again, when she openly said that she was very interested in me and was instead going to offer me something different: a shift 4 to 8 pm, absolutely perfect in any way, apart from the fact that she doesn't know when THIS project is going to start EXACTLY. Oh no, please, not another one! Anyway, I said I was interested. I left saying that I would let her know if the airport could confirm anything on what kind of shifts we would have. So I called the airport and they said that they're quite positive we won't be starting before 10 pm!!! Called back the nice lady and she said she'll call me tomorrow to fix the second interview!!! WOW!
Could be starting pretty soon!!!!

7 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Hey, it sounds pretty good! I keep my fingers and toes crossed for you :-)

Anna ha detto...

Thursday and still no news, though. But I called the agency and they told me they were called by the company to confirm the interview was very positive and are waiting for a phone call tomorrow to discuss the details.

David Morris ha detto...

Fingers crossed... It's difficult crossing toes in steel toe shoes (a necessity of working in the manufacturing industry :)

Anonimo ha detto...

...well? Any news?

Anna ha detto...

I went to the second interview on Tuesday and I have to wait the end of the week to know the "results". It was very postive, in my opinion. I also had to take the Luscher Colour Test which, apparently, gave them the results they're looking for. But I'm looking for some information about it and it'll be the subject of one of my next posts...

David Morris ha detto...

Fascinating stuff about the Luscher test. I found a free site doing it. This is what it said about me:

PROBLEM UNDERLYING THE PRESENT STRESS -- Works to strengthen his position and bolster his self-esteem by examining his own accomplishments -- and those of others -- with critical appraisal and scientific discrimination. Insists on having things clear-cut and unequivocal.

...not entirely convinced, especially about the bit about bolstering my self esteem. Mind you, can you trust these psychologists?

Anna ha detto...

David, could you please link me the site? I tried a couple of them, but I only found v. shorts tests, whereas the one I took at the interview was quite long...