mercoledì, gennaio 24, 2007

still unemployed

Oh my, still unemployed. Have talked to the people at the airport today and they said we'll have to be patient and wait at least till the middle of February. So, I have been job hunting the whole afternoon, meaning I went to a few job agencies and handed in my CV. I hate it sooooo much! I feel like selling myself and I hate lying, which is all you have to do to get a job. "Oh, yes! I totally love cleaning toilets! That's what I want to do for the rest of my life!". "Oh, yes, now that you mention it, plumbing is what I've been looking for for so long!". Not that there's anything wrong with those two, but like, why do I have the feeling that if I'm honest and say I don't like them, then they'll think I'm spoiled and just want to find a perfect job, that will give me money and power, with no effort at all?
I'm stuck, I know.

Well, fingers crossed anyway...

6 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Oh Shi**shkebab. When will they make up their minds?
I found out that telling the truth sometimes does work. Like, "What do you think of being the trainer for the department?" "Well, it's not my dream job but I think I'll do it well". Meh.

Anna ha detto...

I have an interview on Monday as a marketing researcher (invented word???). My dream job!!!! Not.
But I'm looking forward to it, I WANT TO WORK!!!!!!!

Anonimo ha detto...

It is hard to say that don't lie and be yourself in this situation. But I know your priority is on finding a job. If so, just "decorate" yourself with a bit of good words. It is not a bad thing at all or betraying yourself. I know you will be a hard worker, and that is what all employers needs. So, you don't need to feel bad.

Anonimo ha detto...

... mad world ...

David Morris ha detto...

Good luck on Monday. I know it's not your dream job (I suspect few of us are lucky enough to actually get that). Just look upon it as killing a bit of time until the dream one comes along. It will.

Anna ha detto...

Thanks everyone for your support. Will let you know what happens...